[CAUT] front rail dilemma

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Wed Mar 8 13:23:55 MST 2006

In a message dated 3/8/2006 12:01:40 PM Central Standard Time, atodd at uh.edu
writes:

I assume  you're talking about the key slip? :-) If you are, something I've
seen done is  to put (what I'd call) bullet shaped plugs pointing down from
inside the  keyslip (glued in, of course) into corresponding holes in the front
of the  keybed (where guide pins or screw would normally be) to make a snug
fit. Takes  the cheek block completely out of it.

Hope I've explained well enough.  I have 2 here that has been done to and
seems to work well.

Avery

Avery

How are the bullet shaped plugs different from the pins that normally  hold
the slip in place?

Wim