[CAUT] front rail delemna

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Mar 8 10:23:31 MST 2006

At 11:19 AM 3/8/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Both mortises that hold the front rail of a S&S grand have been damages,
>and the slot is now too big for the screw. What are some ways to hold the
>rail on the piano? Two option I am considering is drilling a hole through
>the front of the rail and attaching the rail to the cheek block. The other
>option is to attach the rail with screws from the bottom, like the way a
>lot of other grands have. The piano is in a practice room, so cosmetics is
>not important.
>
>Wim

I've routed out the slot area and lain in new wood to make a new tight
slot.  That way I don't confuse myself when I go to remove the keyslip.

BTW, this one's also in a practice room... ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.