[CAUT] The Well-Prepared Piano

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 8 06:56:38 MST 2006

I spoke with Ms. Kern when she was here in Houston. (Of course, Jones Hall
being a Steinway Hall, they wanted a Steinway piano on the stage, no mind
that it wasn't played.....)  She said she very much liked her own Yamaha.
When she signed my program after the third concert she remarked, "Everyone
is stopping me  to ask where I got that beautiful sounding piano."  The Hall
provided me a ticked in the sixth row, center.  It did sound good to my
ears.
Les bartlett