[CAUT] IRe: Unison drift (+OT)

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue Mar 7 10:25:57 MST 2006

At 08:04 AM 3/7/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Bottom line is that until you
>have a way of measuring every variable in the system, both
>what they were then, and what they are currently, it can't be
>explained simplistically.
>Ron N

So, what is a simple-minded person to do? <grin>

Move to Oregon -- we don't get a lot of sudden humidity swings.
Well, at least we haven't had them in the past. From here on out,
with global warming events confounding even the most
skeptical dismissals, anything goes -- we'll get the weather
we get, and LIKE it. After all, in the past Mother has served
up super-volcanos, 18" of pyroclastic welded tuft over thousands
of square miles, abrupt changes to ice age conditions
within a dozen years, the ice lasting for hundreds, and thirty-year
droughts over whole regions, which apparently is what "disappeared"
the Anasazi and brought down the Maya cities. Oregon has offshore
earthquakes every few centuries, involving a sudden three-foot
drop of coastal areas. [KA-RUMP!!rattle*rattle*rattle]
The whole Cascade Range has a series of lovely white volcanos,
some extinct, the rest just waiting and grinning quietly.
Mt. Rainier <shudder>

Well, enough gloom and doom for today -- Oregon pianos are really in
great shape, over time. Dry-ish summers, wet but not cold winters.
Wonderful climate.

sssssnn