[CAUT] Re: catstrophic action failure / climate

Cramer@BrandonU.CA Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Wed, 01 Mar 2006 04:18:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ron,

the short answer is Dampp-Chasers. They can easily keep the
soundboard in the 6 - 7% EMC range, though the action
cavity is kind of on it's own.

and since you asked.... our NY Steinways sound
magnificent!  ;>)

thanks,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

> > Something I've been meaning to ask. New York
Steinways, I
> assume? 20%RH at 70° puts soundboards at 4.5%MC. That's
at or
> below (depending on who you talk to) what they were
originally
> dried down to for compression crowning with flat ribs.
There
> shouldn't be a lick of crown anywhere in these pianos in
these
> conditions, and they ought to be mostly killer octave
and