[CAUT] becoming a university tech. HELP!

daniel carlton hacicspe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 09:57:51 MDT 2006

hi all
a university in my area has put out a request for proposals for
pianos tuning services, and i'd like to put in a bid, but i'm not
really sure how to put the proposal together. they have a format for
how to put the proposal together, but i'm confused about some of the
things they are asking for, or maybe it's just the way they're
wording it.
the part that confuses me the most is the cost proposal.
"please provide...an itemized list of billable parts, compilation
expenses and option cost separately."
i've never used this terminology before. what exactly might billable
parts include? what in the world are compilation expenses? what is
option cost?
they also want me to include gross receipt tax. does that mean to
simply tell them what the current tax rate is and that i will apply
it to whatever work i do?

i appreciate any input from anybody.

thanks

dc