[CAUT] lacquer

McNeilTom at aol.com McNeilTom at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 20:39:51 MDT 2006

Hi, Don, and List -

Thanks for the WoodWeb link.  That was very helpful stuff.

I have used materials from US Cellulose to good effect, both for  spraying as
finish and for voicing.  I recall having plenty of difficulties  dealing with
them, however: wrong product shipped, slow shipping, very expensive  shipping.

Additionally, I'll second the support for the Parks lacquer products, for
voicing anyway.  (I've not used these for finishing.)  In a pinch I  got a quart
of the clear brushing lacquer from a small-town Ace Hardware store  and have
been using it with fine results for some time.  (A quart lasts  quite a long
time for voicing work!  And I don't think I'd be concerned  about shelf life on
this stuff.)

Best regards,

~ Tom McNeil  ~
Vermont Piano Restorations

346 Camp  Street
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 476-7072

In a message dated 6/16/2006 5:13:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,