[CAUT] lacquor

Horace Greeley hgreeley at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 16 08:58:20 MDT 2006

Hi, Chris,

At 07:13 AM 6/16/2006, you wrote:
>Horace, Kent Webb told me the stuff they sell to us techs now is the stuff
>from Seagraves.

Yes, thanks!  After posting, I found an earlier EM about that.

>I agree with you about alternatives although if you ever
>anticipate using keytop then it is best to be consistent and us acetone as a
>thinner for both lacquer and keytop material.

Hmmm...I disagree, but then, I think that the acetone/keytop stuff is
highly overrated.  It's good for fast and dirty, which is why it was
originally introduced (and, not in the C&A department).  Tonally,
it's a mess.  Moreover, with either lacquer or plastic, acetone burns
off too quickly to give really good saturation...but, I do recognize
that this is very much a minority view.

Best.

Horace