[CAUT] CX-21 hardwood keybuttons

Don Mannino DMannino at kawaius.com
Thu Jun 15 09:04:41 MDT 2006

Alan,

By hardwood, I think what you mean is hardboard - highly compressed
particle board.

Kawai only made those for a very short time in 1996 (if I remember
right).  I put a stop to it as soon as I saw it (and after a bit of
argument from the 'engineer' who thought it was such a good idea!).
That means maybe 4 or 5 months production made it through.

If the key pins are high enough, the best long-term answer would be to
install real key buttons.  But  it would be simpler to cut the bushings
out.  They should peel off pretty well.

Do not steam them.

Don Mannino