[CAUT] Rochester, "Continuing Education Logs"

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Jun 12 18:18:30 MDT 2006

Hi All,
    The Rochester Convention/Institute is fast approaching. The CAUT
committee, a cabal of busy little beavers, is doing a couple of new things
this year. You may have noticed the "C" designation of classes in the
convention brochure, standing for "CAUT Appropriate." This designation goes
along with another initiative, a "Continuing Education Log" for use by RPT
member cauts to communicate their efforts at ongoing professional
development to their supervisors, administrators, etc. We have a form for
that purpose, which will be available at the CAUT table in the exhibit hall,
in the PTG area.
    Please come by and pick up a form, and chat with committee members, who
will be manning the table during exhibit hall hours. We would like to hear
your ideas about what direction we should move in during the coming years.
We urge you to make use of the Continuing Education Log forms. Our aim is to
work towards something in the nature of a "CAUT Credential," as a way of
marketing ourselves to the academic community. It's a long term project,
which has to start somewhere, so here is the bottom floor.
    We also urge you all to take advantage of the CAUT offerings, all day
Friday, including sessions on
Contract Work, with Chris Solliday and Bill Shull
Precision Touchweight in the institutional setting, with David Stanwood and
Eric Wolfley
Extended Use Piano, with Alan Eder (assisted by yours truly playing Cage and
Crumb on the piano)
Data Management, with Joseph Balconi of Eastman, followed by a tour of the
Eastman facility
All these are on site at Eastman, a few blocks from the convention hotel.
    Hope to see many of you there!

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico