[CAUT] Steinway hammer spec.

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Mon Jun 12 17:03:12 MDT 2006

Hi David,

Maybe it's moot now but here's some questions for you. You're right about
the 5.125" hammer line. What about other action parameters and geometry
issues in this piano? It's certainly possible that the action stack (height
and/or fore to aft) is not located properly. How's the convergence at the
capstan/wip cushion? Key ratio? Action friction? Key dip/hammer blow? How
many leads in the keys?

Attached is a copy of Michael Mohr¹s forefinishing notes, an interesting
read that might be of use for this action.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
amccoy at mail.ewu.edu