[CAUT] Topping up the tank

Stan Kroeker smkroeker at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 7 12:39:36 MDT 2006

Fred, Mark,

Employing the 'aural' method of water depth sensing, will the end of
trickling sound always result in a precise depth in the reservoir?
Of course, this depends on the length of tubing in the reservoir but
can you simply add a measured amount of water after the sound stops?
ie:   trickling sound stops:   add exactly one-half litre more to
bring level within 1 cm of top?   Or ... perhaps this measured amount
could correlate to the moment the light stops blinking?

If this works (the reservoir would have to be perfectly level, of
course), you could simply mark a line on the watering can to indicate
the 'top-up' amount.  How close to the top of the tank do you dare to
fill, Fred?

Regards,

Stan Kroeker