[CAUT] Piano Techs as Piano Movers?

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Jun 3 18:29:08 MDT 2006

All kidding aside, when new administration came into the facility which
I've been associated with for 30 years wanted to lower costs, they
themselves offered their manpower (and husband power) to assist
with room-to-room moves.  I was impressed with their sense of community.

Up to a 7' piano (excluding M&H) a 2 man crew is sufficient but 3 makes it
a no-strainer.

So if admin says, "Let's move it ourselves"; We'll accept their help;
after detailed explanation and instruction.

I've had many a time when employing new help, explaining the procedure
always helps but bringing them as an observer who carries legs is a first step.
Once someone comprehends the logistics, it's just a matter of smart muscular
application. I've gotten a grand move down to 20 minutes, loaded in
the trailer.
Who wants coffee.
--

Regards,