[CAUT] Plate grinding tool

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jul 19 15:11:08 MDT 2006

> Ron-
> What did you use for the new bearing bars on the B you showed at Rochester?
> It was nice to hear the piano without the duplex kazoo effect.
> Also, what is happening to my memory? It is hardly three weeks ago that I saw it...
> Ed Sutton

You're who, again?

That was plain old round brass bar stock, cut down on my band
saw with a metal cutting blade, and ground to final thickness
with a belt sander and burnt fingers. I buy about 50' at a
time of various diameters at my local salvage yard (remember
The Yard, on Central?), $2 a pound (or thereabouts). VERY low
tech, very effective.

Ron N