[CAUT] Agraff levels

lafargue at bellsouth.net lafargue at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 19 08:42:05 MDT 2006

At the beginning of this thread I was concerned about an Estonia with
tilted agraffes and uneven agraffe/string holes.  It was to the point
that I couldn't bend a string enough to compensate for good
string/hammer mating. I have seen this on other pianos, but not this
much.

It would be interesting to know who makes agraffes and are the plate
makers aware of the importance of a level plane (duh, probably).  With
the increase in our world-wide market for parts now, I wonder who makes
them.

The bottom line is that you cannot prep a piano to a high level without
this to lay a foundation on.

Lance Lafargue, RPT

LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD

New Orleans Chapter, PTG