[CAUT] Fw: becoming a university tech. HELP!

Chris Solliday solliday at ptd.net
Wed Jul 5 17:33:40 MDT 2006

in case this didn't reach Fred
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Solliday
To: College and University Technicians
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [CAUT] becoming a university tech. HELP!

John, the problem is simple, there should not be a bidding process for piano service in the institutional situation. We all agree that avoiding the bidding process is first and foremost. Whether this is accomplished by creating a "sole source" or educating the chain of command at the institution, the goal is to have trust, credentials and reputation become the main criteria for purchasing service.
Such a discussion may include methods for working within the bidding process if the above fails but I for one would like to see the emphasis on educating using the CAUT "Guidelines" and establishing a "trusted advocate for the inventory" relationship.
If this interests you I am at your service.
Chris Solliday