[CAUT] Differences?

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:20:02 -0800

I used to tinker with things, too.  I even fixed an old piano one summer
when I was in high school.  The funny thing is that I wanted to be an
architect when I was in school and go to engineering school.  My guidance
counselor told me that I wouldn't be very good because I got a low score in
Mechanical Reasoning on my 8th grade skill assessment test! (As did most
girls!!!!!)   I believed it for a long time until I was an adult, living on
my own.  One day I looked around my apartment and realized I had about half
a dozen lamps and other things from friends who had asked me to fix them for
them.  I was really good at fixing things and all my friends knew it.  It
just took me a while to adjust my perception of myself.  It's funny how some
of those things can leave long-term damage.

Shortly after that I embarked on a journey to do technical work.....first in
broadcasting.

But enough of my stories one day.....I sure am envious when I hear about
teachers like Ted S.  Before he left Banff I was in the process of figuring
out how to go up there for a training session.  Then he left.  What a shame
I didn't act immediately.

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net