[CAUT] Virus from Jim Busby

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:18:21 -0700

Ric, List,

The email apparently originated in Indonesia. I don't know how they
tagged my address, but the IT guys here say my computer is clean. This
guy took several addresses from BYU. Brian L.(list moderator) gave me
the IP address so our IT staff is working on it. Brian has filtered them
out of the CAUT site, but I've only heard from Ric on others.

Hey Ric, I didn't do it!! :-)

(Is there any way to send a "bomb" back to that address?)

Thanks.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Ric Brekne
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:06 PM
To: caut; pianotech
Subject: [CAUT] Virus from Jim Busby

Hi folks. Sorry to put this up on the list(s).  But I am unable to reach

Jim and tell him otherwise. I have in the past three days recieved 4
emails from his email address containing the following virus. The emails

contain what are apparently fotos, but they are blank. The attachment
has a .BHX suffix

Do not open as they contain the virus. Delete them immediatly. If
someone would be kind enough to let jim know so he can check it out.
Could be a case of ghosting his address or it could be he's got the bug.

Thanks
RicB

Worm/VB.6.AN

jim_busby@byu.edu