[CAUT] Journal Article

James Ellis claviers@nxs.net
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:28:21 -0500

I appreciate Fred Sturm's comments about my January Journal article on
"Aural Pitch Perception".  Each of Fred's suggestions is very good.  The
problem I faced was to obtain enough data to show a trend, and pack
something meaningful into one Journal article without going completely
overboard.  Even at that, reducing the data I had to fit into one article
bacame a real chore.  My purpose was not to produce the final word on the
subject, but just to show some trends, and see what the general interest
might be.  Fred's comments are the first I have received outside my own
chapter.

There is some poor wording in one paragraph that I saw as soon as I read my
own article in the Jounral, and I have sent in a correction for it.  I'll
try to attach it here, and hope it will go through.

Anyway, thank you, Fred, for your comments.  I would like to see the same
tests done that your mention.  If this research is to have real meaning, we
will need much more data for better statistics, and that can turn into a
tedious, time consuming project.  If there is sufficient interest, I'll be
glad to work on it.

Sincerely, Jim Ellis
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ERRATA, Dec. 30, 2005.doc