[CAUT] List,,,Wow, knock me over with a feather.

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:46:33 +0100

Hi Bob

Since I live here in Europe and dont really know what the going rate for
such things is overthere... I just tried to write in a very generalized
fashion with regard to pricing.  I simply meant that option one was the
least expensive, option two a good deal more... perhaps twice as much...
and option three even more so as it would involve bringing in an outside
tech and having him teach. Perhaps some of that could be made up if some
few voicing students were participants.

As far as key and hammer weighting is concerned. I would definatly
recommend doing a re-weighoff of the keys after any hammer installation.
Factory prehung or not. One can use Stanwoods methods to duplicate the
origional situation... or even it out a bit. But since Jeff is keen on
keeping things as origional as possible he'd probably opt for the former.

TMTOI :)
Cheers
RicB

Ric,

I like the options idea for Jeff. Perhaps I'm slow but
I'm not following your pricing formula.  price x
amount of dollars?
Price of parts  multiplied by what amount? Especially
option two with the Yamaha prehung.

Can you explain a little more, since pricing
appropriately sure does make or break us.  I have been
figuring the cost of parts plus some amount, then the
number of labor hours times what I want to make per
hour.

Should Jeff figure in checking the key and hammer
weighting and adjustments?

Thanks,
Bob E. Hull