[CAUT] O Be Careful Little Mouth

Paul Kupelian pkupeli1@twcny.rr.com
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:07:13 -0500

I remember this saying when I was in a computer class at the college I was
working at.  Do not put anything in an email you wouldn't want to read on
the front page of the New York Times. Are you listening Michelle???
Paul
Paul Kupelian (ret)
SUNY Oswego

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Bob
Hull
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:07 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: [CAUT] O Be Careful Little Mouth

Caut List,

Isn't it possible for a search on the internet to
bring up our name and things that we have
written/posted to this list? If I write something
derogatory about a particular person, it could get
back to him.  When we have a problem with someone at
our institution, we need to write and speak in such a
way that our words don't come back to haunt us.  Like
the children's song you may have learned says, "O be
careful little mouth what you say...;"  We could be
"caut" and this may just make matters worse.  I have
probably done this myself.

Since somethings need to be said to explain and work
out difficult situations it would be good if there was
a way that the postings to this list weren't available
to the general public online. Is that possible?

Good day!
Bob E. Hull