[CAUT] Water/Alcohol on Yamaha Hammers

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:28:21 -0800

YIKES...I strongly disagree with that...present the facts, lay low, but=
 don't let the other tech say it is your fault...you have to let the po=
wers that be know that...#1 thing!

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: Wimblees@aol.com
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Water/Alcohol on Yamaha Hammers

Jeff

I think you mentioned that his father bought the piano, and that he (or=
 his father), went to the dean to get someone to work on this piano, ev=
en paying for it. I wonder if his father is also "paying" to get his so=
n to teach.  When I say "paying," I mean is his father making a sizable=
 contribution to the school, with the understanding that his son be all=
owed to teach. (Or is this guy that good that he is indeed a qualified =
professor?)  In either case, as you mentioned, this is pure politics, a=
nd there is not a hell of a lot you can do about it. Mike said lay low.=
 Alan mentioned that you should not put up with it. I am recommending t=
hat you do that, too. As a form of protest, tell the chair you no longe=
r want to work for the school, as long as this adjunct is teaching ther=
e.

Wim