[CAUT] Hot Hide glue woes (??)

Michelle Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:20:27 -0500

thanx Ron.

I am usuing Piantek glue heated in a baby fodd jar stuck in a
"holdheat" glue pot- just like most of you probably have.
The  "opaque" tan color you talked about is what I was looking for
and what I seem to NOT get.  It is more "milky" and definately not
see through. And this is NOT after the glue has been used and
refridgerated and used again. 1st go.
I prepare the glue correctly and when the crystals swell up it is
more opaque- but it just seems more clouded than glues I've used in
other shops.
I was totally thinking it was the water.
When I worked in NYC I don't remember EVER having this problem.
Now that I'm upstate, who knows what's going on.

(Insert all jokes here.)

Thanx all for your comments.

:)
michelle