[CAUT] The Ideal Tool Case?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 17:50:42 -0800

Believe me...you WILL be going for a lighter kit as the years go by.   =
When my knuckles started dragging on the floor, I knew it was time...
You mentioned you use an abbreviated kit for long walking distances...t=
hat seems like the time for more fully loaded kit, rather than walk bac=
k to the car...?
I would interested in a heavier kit only if it had wheels...I don't min=
d the walk to the car...what 30 feet?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Jeff Olson"
To: "College and University Technicians"
Subject: Re: [CAUT] The Ideal Tool Case?

I don't mind a heavier case -- mine weighs 33 lbs. "fully loaded" with =
tools -- for carrying the few yards into a house (I get too impatient h=
aving to journey to the car two or three more times for needed tools if=
 I split up my tool collection along the lines Wim does).

For university or apartment work, when I need to walk a relatively long=
 ways, I use an abbreviated tool bag that holds mostly tuning wrenches,=
 a couple screwdrivers, etc., that weighs only a few pounds.  I mean, I=
'm macho, but not (completely) nuts.

I found your tool case, Ron, rather appealing; never liked the roll-up =
types -- tools tended to scatter/fall upon rolling out, and sometimes s=
lither out upon rolling up, in the ones I've tried.

J0