Fw: [CAUT] The Ideal Tool Case?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:18:09 -0800

I get the idea...you might want to check out www.Duluthtrading.com
They have a bag I use currently...Master series... and many other tool =
bags similar to what you have...enjoy your new bag

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Jeff Olson"
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Fw: [CAUT] The Ideal Tool Case?

David and Aaron,

I didn't see this bag on the Home Depot site, Aaron.  None of the ones =
I saw there had the features I wanted.  The price of this bag is around=
 $50.

David, I was happy to hear that I'm not alone in agonizing over tool ba=
gs -- often feeling as if I actually were in search of the Holy Grail. =
 But over time I keep building all the dream features in my imagination=
, and I actually think this one comes pretty close.  On the other hand,=
 I haven't had it very long, and time may demonstrate some flaws I have=
n't anticipated.

I hope the photos are more or less self-explanatory, though they aren't=
 great quality.  The basic idea is that the sides unzip, exposing three=
 rows of differently sized pouches.  There are several on the ends, fai=
rly deep, where I've for now placed my tuning hammers and a few screwdr=
ivers.  That may change.  Concern for the rain could place those tools =
inside the main storage, I suppose, at times.   The bag is basically pr=
etty slim, and the balance excellent.  I owned a tool bag before this (=
same manufacturer) that had many of its tool pouches inside.  Didn't wo=
rk, as the tools fell out regularly, and were difficult to spot in the =
dark cavernous storage space.  The new design wisely eliminates *all* i=
nterior tool pouches, placing them instead in readily accessible and ea=
sily visible pouches on the sides and front.

The bag sits on four rubber "feet."

Best,

JeffO