[CAUT] Puzzler

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:31:35 +0100

Grin... well guess what I ran into today ?? An (older) Ibach with a
damper pedal squeek... and it was the pitman end felts.. both of them.
THESE guys were making darned certain there was no cloth wander as in
your case.  They had banged in  a center pin on each end of the pitman
so that about 2 mm was sticking out on both end.... which held a green
felt punching (looked like origionally 4 mm thick stuff) in place.
Course the felt wore out in time... and the pins started rubbing on the
lever and damper tray !  Wonderful stuff. :)

Cheers
RicB

This was a new sound for me...I haven't heard a papery noise like this
before...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California