[CAUT] touch & tone & tuning (was why does it feel better?)

Rick Florence Rick.Florence at ASU.Edu
Wed Aug 30 12:43:32 MDT 2006

Alan,

But you DID do voicing work and you should not feel guilty about taking some
credit for it.  Altering strike weight can change voicing just as much as
hammer shaping, string leveling, needling and juicing.

I like the clip method you used, although I rarely use it as a permanent
solution.  It is, however, a great quick fix for touch and tone as well as a
very revealing method for hammer replacement decisions.

Enjoy the praises, an artist's rewards are few and far between.

Rick