[CAUT] why does it feel better?

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Wed Aug 30 08:34:25 MDT 2006

Thanks for all the responses. The question brought out some
interesting philosophical answers, (the Papmers comparison not
withstanding).

In answer to the Ric's question, no, neither professors knew about the
different tuning. That is why their reactions were so interesting. I
did do some minor action regulation, but not enough to notice.

It should also be noted that our new violin professor actually picked
the new D. He said it sounded brighter to him. Which is also
interesting, because to me, the old one sounds brighter than the new
one.

I also asked some other professors who were in the audience if they
heard anything unusual, and none of them did.

Emanual Ax is coming here in March. I will make both pianos
available to him.

Wim

Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician