[CAUT] Yamaha C&A pianos...

Alan Crane alan.crane at wichita.edu
Tue Aug 22 15:04:04 MDT 2006

Hi all,

The WSU School of Music has been told (by the Dean of Fine Arts and
the local Yamaha dealer) that one of Yamaha's C&A concert grands
(CFIIIS) will be placed here in one of our concert halls... (don't
know when... and don't know where I'm going to put it either!).

This will be my first experience with a C&A piano and I really have
no idea what to expect in terms of the requirements with which I'll
have to deal regarding such an instrument.

Does anyone have experience having one of these around?
Are there stipulations placed on their use by the university?
How often do they leave to be used elsewhere?
How much notice is given when that happens?
What are the pros & cons of such a situation and are there things I
ought to know going into this??

I'd really appreciate any feedback I can get.
Replying off-list is fine unless someone else pipes up to request
that the list be included.

Regards,

Alan B. Crane,  RPT
School of Music