[CAUT] Comparisons

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Tue Aug 22 08:23:02 MDT 2006

Tim,
I worked for a couple of years for a retailer that, at different times,
carried both Yahama and Boston. I felt like the Boston verticals were more
in need of "training" as far as pitch stability went. Once 'there', they
were okay. I felt a little spoiled perhaps by the high level of consistency
with the P-22 and the ease of doing anything with or on it. And, the
Boston's and Kawai's were fine, but did need more vigorous tuning the first
several times. I'm working through that now with several Boston UP-118's at
a local university. I've seen them each two or three times thus far. And,
there is improvement each time in ease and security of tuning them. Just not
as quickly "trained" as I would expect from the P-22.

Robin Blankenship