[CAUT] (OT) Job Available

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 12:56:02 MDT 2006

In a message dated 4/27/2006 12:37:54 PM Central Standard Time,
dporritt at mail.smu.edu writes:

At some  level I know that some of what Ed says is right, but I  don't
believe
> it is an absolute.  Especially in  this  scenario(Katrina, people
moving
> around, etc), and in some others as  well, to push the market to
whatever it
> can possibly bear pushes  past the truth of knowing you are worth what
you
> are charging to  outright arrogance and profiteering and immorality.
It
> can't ever  be right to kick someone when they are down just because
you  can!

Don't forget that many states, especially the ones that are prone to
hurricanes, have laws on the books that prevent merchants and service  technicians to
take advantage of people in times of an emergency. Although  the hurricane is
long gone, the effects are still definitely there.  If Lance was found to be
charging more than what he was charging  before Katrina, he could be
prosecuted.

Wim