Fw: Re: [CAUT] Hearing Protection Desirable for Tuning?

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:13:30

Hi Ed,

Like I said--that's a pitch correction! 2 cents for concert work--and
sometimes that's too much. Humidity control is a must do if you are getting
that much seasonal drift.

I had the opportunity to listen to my work 24 hours after a major pitch
correction (-23 cents at A4 and worst note -61). The piano had drifted back
up by about 1.2 cents and there were a few unisons that were less than
splendid. Just fine for domestic work but concert level? *NEVER*.

At 04:06 PM 10/30/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Don-
>
>Well, so much depends on so many details.
>
>I get a lot of pianos with 8 to 12 cent seasonal drift at the end of the
long bridge.
>Cybertuner in pitch raise mode and hard test blows often get good results
on pianos like this, doing one pass and octave checks.

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner