[CAUT] 1966 G-2 THANKS ALL!!

Otto Keyes okeyes@uidaho.edu
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:34:11 -0700

Get a digital caliper & just check them out.  It gets between the =
strings easily & is fast, whether the numbers are there or not.  Mic. =
the wires on either side of the numbers if you're unsure  It really =
doesn't take that long, especially if you're taking the strings off =
anyway.  I'd rather be sure than depend on a stamp on the bridge.

Otto
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Ross=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 10:04 AM
  Subject: Re: [CAUT] 1966 G-2 THANKS ALL!!

  I can't see a problem, with determining the way the numbers go.
  Whichever number is on the end, start there and move on to the next =
number, then you change gauges.
  i.e. If 13 is at the right hand set of pins it starts there. You will =
find that when you get to the #19 or #20 it will be in from the first =
set of the thicker gauge. Conversely, if the #19 is at the first set of =
pins, on the left. (Mind you left and right can be reversed, if it is on =
a grand, or tilted.) Then obviously, you start your count from there.
  I have found no exceptions, to this.
  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
  jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca