[CAUT] 1966 G-2 THANKS ALL!!

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:30:23 -0400

On Oct 13, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Common sense is an oxymoron. <snip>  The numbers are there so we
> don't HAVE to remember which way the count goes. We can figure it
> out from the placement of the numbers and hitch pattern (if
> necessary).

Ok, so maybe not common sense, but everything else about our culture
puts us in the mindset of things naturally progressing from left to
right.  When one sees a 15 stamped on the plate, for example, it is
completely natural to be in the mindset that that unison and the
wires to the right of that stamp are 15 and those to the left of that
stamp are size 15 1/2 (or whatever the next size stamp reads), but
that is not the case at all.
Jeff