[CAUT] 1966 G-2 THANKS ALL!!

Avery Todd atodd@uh.edu
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:36:43 -0500

David,

I "believe" you're incorrect about that. I've
always understood that if the numbering started
on #88, that's the smallest size used.

However, if there isn't a number at #88, that
means they started numbering from the low end,
which would mean that the 13.5 you mention is the
smallest number & continues on to note 88. As far
as I know, if an instrument is numbered at all,
the highest number "printed" wherever, is the smallest size.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. I hope
not though, because if I am, I've installed quite
a few incorrect string sizes over the years! :-(

Avery