[CAUT] Keydip--how deep

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:16:07 -0700 (PDT)

As you consider how much dip is permissable; Consider
which is more important: the responsiveness of the
action (its ability to recycle with speed and eveness
from note to note) or the amount of volume/power you
can get.

In order to get more afterouch if needed, would you
lean more towards getting enough aftertouch by raising
the hammer and tweaking other specs rather than making
the key dip too dip and interfering with the pianists
ability to quickly recycle the key and the action?

No matter how much power in volume the piano is
capable of, the pianist will not be happy if the
action does not respond with quickness and
reliability.

Bob Hull

http://mail.yahoo.com