[CAUT] Kawai GS-40

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

You've already heard the particulars on the GS-40, so
I'm just adding my two cents worth from personal
experience.

I tune 2 GS-60's and one GS-40.  One of the GS-60's is
mine.  A piano tech. friend has one also.  It is the
6' 9" version of the GS-40.  I have had good
experiences with the GS series.  We have had ours for
over 10 years and it has stood up very well to 4-6
hours a day of heavy playing and teaching.  The
romantic era melody octaves are still strong and the
action can keep up with the most challenging
literature.  I will put new hammers on soon.  I can
hear the difference in the tone due to hammer wear
between my piano and my friend's piano which has been
played much less.

A college choir room here has the GS-40 and it also
seems to be a well made piano with good tone and
action.  I tune a lot of the KG series, a few of the
RX series.  The GS series is my favorite of these.

Bob Hull

http://mail.yahoo.com