[CAUT] Upright front "guard"

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:34:27 EDT

=20
In a message dated 10/6/2005 12:21:31 PM Central Standard Time, =20
jim_busby@byu.edu writes:

=20
List,=20
For lack of a better name (guard),  what do you do to protect the fronts of=20
verticals that are moved around  (through doors, etc.) and get scratched at=20=
the=20
front of the keybed, key slip,  etc.?=20
We have put metal strips,  plexiglass, etc. but is there something that woul=
d=20
look better? Some kind of  durable acrylic?=20
We have many pianos that are moved  regularly into closets, that out for=20
Sunday services. Anyone can move these  pianos w/o being =E2=80=9Ctrained=
=E2=80=9D as we train=20
the people with the S of Music  pianos.=20
Thanks.=20
Jim  Busby  BYU

Jim
=20
No matter what you put on the front of the piano, because most people do  no=
t=20
have the sense to be careful when moving a piano, the front of it is  going=20
to get banged up. So instead of something permanent, how about screwing a =20
piece of thin plywood to the front of the piano. Paint, or stain the wood th=
e =20
same color as the piano, and counter sink the screws, so they won't hang up=20=
 on=20
door frames. Then when that piece of wood gets to looking too ugly, replace=20=
 it=20
with a new piece.=20
=20
Just a thought.