[CAUT] Anyone using UFO CA glue?

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:43:07 -0500

My guess in the Samick would be there is so much glue-to-wood ratio that
there just isn't much surface into which the CA can soak. This was only a 20
year old piano, otherwise well kept and in good shape.
les

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
ed440@mindspring.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:07 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Anyone using UFO CA glue?

Susan-
But people also report good results....
There are so many variables.
I would guess the Samick pinblock was drilled wrong, not worn out, split,
dry rotted or softened by pin tightener.
More likely drilled with an over-heated drill, leaving a burnt and glazed
surface.
My experience has been that even pulling the pin and swabbing the hole does
not last if the hole is glazed.
Ed S.