[CAUT] Anyone using UFO CA glue?

Gary Mushlin garym@PIANOSERVICE.BIZ
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:54:06 -0500

I investigated the UFO because I was concerned about the customer's
possible reaction to the fumes after the job was completed in light
of the reports that a few people have had serious reactions to the CA
fumes. Also, the odor endures. Maybe I've confused "odor" with
"fumes." Anyway, after being told that UFO would not solve my problem
(again, I'm not sure who told me), I did not investigate any further.

One year at the national convention there was a display booth for air
purifiers. I was told that it would be ideal for dealing with CA glue
fumes while working. I don't remember if the seller, who was also a
piano technician (I believe from Iowa), had an experience like yours,
or it was some other serious bout with fumes that inspired him to
pursue and sell these units. However, the purifier unit was rather
expensive (I don't remember the price). For the few times I use CA
glue for purposes similar to yours, I couldn't justify paying that
much. However, some sort of purifier might be a good solution for you.

Sorry I am only remembering bits and pieces. I guess old age is
creeping up on me...

Sincerely,
Gary Mushlin, MME, RPT