[CAUT] Schimmel attacked by fabric softener

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 21 May 2005 19:04:47 EDT

In a message dated 5/20/2005 9:44:25 AM Central Standard Time,
HepplerA@aol.com writes:

The top 1/4" or so is as soft as gym socks, it smells like Downy, and
there's even a few scorch marks in the bass.  Is there any point in  trying to save
this set of hammers, or should I save myself the agony and just  replace them?
 O.K., now, control your grimaces. :)

Elizabeth Heppler, R.P.T.

Just throw them in the washer, and rince them again. I hate when that
happens. It's so hard to get that Downey smell out of the hammers.

Big grin.

Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Technician
School of Music