ETD Jumpiness (was Re: [CAUT] Sacrifice (was tuners-technology))

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:09:25

Hi Otto,

Why does the false beat not change speed?

At 11:02 AM 3/3/2005 -0800, you wrote:

>Aurally, the false beat will remain at a constant speed, while the beat
from the true pitch will vary in speed as the string is tuned -- that's how
you determine which one is correct.

The slightly flat you have sometimes observed was first noticed by (of
course) Jim Coleman. I've documented it a few times on the pianotech list.

> However, checking the open unison, the ETD will sometimes indicate that
it is slightly sharp or flat.  Has anyone else observed this?

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner