[CAUT] h'chord regulation question

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:54:19 EST

In a message dated 1/27/05 10:57:47 A.M. Central Standard Time,
alan.crane@wichita.edu writes:

Hi  Wim,

Something you might find very helpful is Margaret Hood's excellent
"Harpsichord Repair Guide", which she published in 2003.
It is well  written, nicely laid out, and is short and succinct enough to be
immediately useful to the beginning and/or ocassional harpsichord
technician______________________ completely readable in less than an  evening.
The bulk of the text deals with repairs (and related construction
particulars) but also included are short sections on regulation, voicing,
and maintenance.
Margaret is actually on this list but she might be  busy shoveling snow
these days.
She can also be reached  at:

Thanks, Alan.

Actually, I just got done regulating the darn thing, and I  think I actually
got the hang of it. I'll have to wait until our organ prof  (also the h'chord
teacher), is free long enough to give it a try.

Wim