[CAUT] Funny Noises

Blaine Vesely bvesely@kent.edu
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:58:19 -0500

Ken,
A couple of thoughts come to mind.  If you used 17 mm Renner s/f, you had
to move the jack further back (distal Ed?) from original
dimensions.  Sometimes this makes the rep spring fit differently in the
jack.  The jack might even be "hanging up" and go no further even with
further adjustment of the regulating screw.  There is a difference in sound
between the regulating button stopping on the spoon and the sound of the
spring stopping the jack's movement.  The rep spring angle may need some
adjustment to coincide with the jack's increased angle.

Greg's comment below made me think that you might not want to rule out the
key itself.  I have had clicks coming from the key button glue joint coming
loose from the key.  These are some pretty flexible keys, aren't they?

Regards, Blaine