[CAUT] Ultra Steam Shark II by Euro-Pro (Cleaning Dampp-Chaser Humidifier tanks)

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:46:16 -0600

Dear list,

Yesterday I spent three hours and was able to clean the Dampp-Chaser
humidifier tanks and smart heater bars and replace the moisture pads in 11
pianos (8 verticals and 3 grands) at a college I service.  There was a lot
of mineral and salt build up on the heater bar and humidifier tank from
hard water deposits.  In the past it took a lot of scrubbing to remove
these hard deposits.

For Christmas I received a steam cleaner made by Euro-Pro, called the Ultra
Steam Shark II.  It is available at Sears for $99.99.  This is a great
tool/toy!  Using the cleaning brush and lots of steam, the mineral deposits
were much easier to remove with very little scrubbing involved.  I took the
humidifiers off and took them to the custodial supply room and used the
water basin there.  Then it was just a matter of reinstalling the
humidifiers and installing new moisture pads and filling with water.

Thought you might like to know about this new toy.

Go to www.sears.com, and search for Ultra Shark, and you will find more
information about the Ultra Steam Shark II.

Sincerely,

David Vanderhoofven
Registered Piano Technician