[CAUT] Pin Driver

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:40:34 EST

In a message dated 1/21/05 9:13:17 A.M. Central Standard Time, atodd@uh.edu
writes:

List,

Has anyone ever used on of these? Is this an impact driver  type?

http://www.tuningpindriver.com

Since I just finished  restringing one with the traditional hammering method,
it sure seems  appealing to me. :-)

Avery

I have never actually seen it being used, but it's been on the market for
over 20 years. A blind tuner in Missouri used one, and said he liked it.

I guess if you do more than one stringing job a year, it might be worth it
to get one. One thing for sure, however, it is very noisy. Kind of like a jack
hammer or impact chisel. It will also vibrate your arm  a lot. Of course  you
need air, which I don't have.

Wim