[CAUT] Andres punching tested

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:17:01 -0700

    The pear green (and similar white and other color) are certainly firmer
than the old =B3dark green squishy=B2 we used to get from APSCO, etc. There are=
,
of course, dark green punchings of firmness similar to the pear green as
well.=20
    I=B9d be a little leery of anything very much firmer than the pear green.
I=B9d worry about too much key bed boom, as well as the feel of the keys =AD no=
enough cushion, hard on the body playing the instrument. There=B9s a window o=
=B3firm but soft=B2 that makes a big difference to the perception of the
pianist, along with a similar window for key bushings. The =B3new feel.=B2 I=B9d
be interested to hear about feedback from artists concerning Andre=B9s
punchings. =20
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico