[CAUT] Gradually improving voicing

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:54:05 EST

Fred
  I whole heartedly agree. Harder to do than say. know  where I can get some
O that thicker hide (skin?)
   Dale Erwin

Amen. And do try to keep it the piano's fault, not the technician's,  if
possible <g>. Although a good thick hide  is definitely a must if you do much
concert work. Keep ego to the minimum,  always try to be responsive, roll
with the punches, and take the sometimes  devastatingly negative feedback
with the good - but never take it  personally.
(And to keep from being personally devastated,  insinuate that blame lies
with bad parts, a bad board, a nasty, uncaring  manufacturer, a hall that
won't pay for the required amount of work, and a  hall that is an acoustic
disaster <g>. No, not really, but a wee bit  of insinuation never hurt
anyone).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University  of New Mexico