[CAUT] Gradually improving voicing

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:15:07 EST

HI Jason
  SO,what you're saying is if the piano has no power at the  keyboard  it can
still fill a large hall? Perhaps this hall is acoustically  better than the
ones I've voiced in.
  Because the  pianist or techns do not  have a sense of projected power  at
the keyboard is why I suggested  standing out in the Hall & listening  to some
one play it to make that  determination. Is that clearer?
 I've found that if the piano sounds weak to an artist at the keyboard  this
when they complain.
  Dale

On  Saturday, January 8, 2005, at 11:21 AM, Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

>  Whatever, the thing I learned first was that in order for a D to
>  project ,& have color & susutain it must be voiced so that  sitting at
> the piano it will  literally Roar at  you.

Hi Dale,
My experience is completely the opposite.  I find  that pianists have no
concept of how much more sound is being projected to  the audience than
what they are hearing and feeling from the  keyboard.

Jeff

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com