[CAUT] Fwd: recycled Lumber

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 04:55:36 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2005 11:25:57 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

Any body else do this? I realize that all uprights do not  possess this much
quality wood but I'd say those from the turn of the last  century do. That's
when upright were the  king of home entertainment  center.
 Any body got a free upright?
    Dale  Erwin

Dale

Your idea is great. but I think the reason more technicians aren't  doing
this is time. If you have the time, it's worth it. But if you have to take  time,
time that could be used for more productive things, or even spending it  with
the family, then it isn't cost effective.

A number of years ago I kind of did a time study to figure out how long it
would take two guys , getting paid $10 and hour, to completely tear apart an
old  upright, and save all the screws, hinges, caster, and of course lumber.
Then I  figured out how much the parts could be sold for. I think each upright
would  have cost me something like $30. And that didn't even include paying for
the  space, the storage, the advertising, overhead, taxes, etc.

But, if you've nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon, why not?

Wim